Why I Wildtree......


In August of 2016, I hosted a Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop because I wanted to have some easy meals prepped and ready to go before school started.  Almost immediately, I was impressed and a little bit amazed. Everything was easy (like no brainer easy) and so good.  It was an answer.  It filled a need.  It kept me out of the drive thru line.  The products were ORGANIC with NO PRESERVATIVES and no GMO.  This was how I liked to feed my family, but not how I was feeding them with the demands of work and life and sports.......I know you know what I mean.

During 2011, I went on a transformative health and fitness journey.  From couch potato, to fit and active.  As a part of that transformation, I started to feed my family healthy, organic meals.  I was a stay at home mom, and I loved to cook, so it was my pleasure to whip up delicious, healthy food for my family.  I would spend Sunday afternoons looking up recipes, pinning things to try, and making lots of good, healthy food for my family.  My kids ate hummus, my 9 year old loved spinach, took pomegranate seeds to school for snack, and looked for "the super foods" at the grocery store.

In 2012, I lost my husband.  At first I could not eat.   I would just look at the food and move it around with my fork.  Eventually, I would force myself to eat a few bites.  I drank a lot of meal replacement shakes during that time, just to sustain myself.  I ended up being very skinny.  High school skinny.  I like being skinny, but not that skinny.  Gradually, I could eat more and more.  More wings, more nachos, more pizza..........  I ate whatever I could stomach, or whatever some brought over.  And eventually, I wasn't so skinny.

Four and a half months after my husband died, I started a full time job. I was trying to move a grieving, wounded family into a new world.  I was exhausted.  I now had work, and everything else that two people used to do.  I had to learn how to treat fire ants, and trim the hedges, do all the driving to all the activities, plan lessons, the list seemed endless. I didn't have a spare minute.  Healthy, organic eating went out the window.  We started to eat crap.  I think there was a year of frozen meals, lots of drive though, I really don't even remember.  I was just surviving.  The thing is, that in the back of my head it bothered me.  My kids lost their dad to a heart attack, and now are eating fried chicken (tenders, wings, nuggets, sandwiches) several nights a week.  It just wasn't what I needed to be modeling for them.  It wasn't healthy or good for them, and not the way I want to train their palates.  It improved a little over time.  Our eating went from bad to okay, as I adjusted to my new normal.  And then came Wildtree.

I always say that most of the best decisions I ever make sort of fall into my lap.  My boyfriend's sister told me about these Freezer Meal Workshops, and I thought........sounds amazing.  2 hours, 10 dinners.  I am in.  I can do that.  I can fit that into my crazy schedule.  I contacted a Wildtree rep later that day.  Like, 5 minutes later.

My first experience was something like this..........get a grocery list and buy whatever it says.  Easy. No brainer (this is what I need, because my brain is so full of stuff to do already).   I didn't have to make the list!!  Then, come home and pre-prepare 10 bags.  This took me maybe 40 minutes.  I MADE my son help me.  (He was mad at first, but hugged me and thanked me afterwords, and he learned that chopping onions make your eyes tear up.)  At the event, just dump whatever sauces, oils, seasonings, and spices are called for each bag.  Mush together.  Freeze.  Put in crockpot, eat.  SIMPLE.  HEALTHY.  DELICIOUS.  I was in LOVE.


It took me about a week to decide that I needed to be "Wildtreeing" as a Representative so I could share these dinnertime solutions with other busy families.  Helping people makes me happy. Wildtree surely was helping me.   I know so many busy, stressed moms who could benefit from this!





In the 4 months that I have been with Wildtree, I have learned that it is so much more than just freezer meals.  There make fresh, and make fast meals too.  There are organic, preservative free, non GMO pantry staples for most everything we eat regularly (taco seasoning, Italian salad dressing mix, ranch dip mix, teriyaki sauce, spaghetti seasoning, bouillon, ........).  But nearest and dearest to my heart:
  • My kids are eating new things!
  • My kids are being exposed to new tastes (and they almost always like them).
  • My kids are eating healthier (organic, preservative free, non GMO!!!!).
  • My kids are more aware of what they eat, and whether or not it is "good for them".
  • They are not eating some form of fried chicken weekly.
  • Meal planning is easier and my weeknights are less frantic and more organized.
  • Shopping is easier.
  • I am SAVING MONEY because we almost never eat fast food and rarely eat out.
  • My life is a fraction less stressful, because dinner is so much easier.  
  • I have less Mom guilt nagging at me.
  • I am helping others eat healthier, which makes my heart so happy
And that, is why I Wildtree.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude

How to Treat a Widow

New Normal 2.0