Goal Weight and Flips on a Trampoline

Today, I am at my "goal weight". It has really only been my goal weigh recently, because up until the last few weeks, I have just been enjoying the ride and not really making any plans about "weight". But as of today, I have lost 32 inches and 30ish pounds. THIRTY TWO INCHES. My mind is blown by it all. Really. I guess maybe it is surreal. When I look at my clothes, the ones I own that fit, I think, that cannot fit me...but it does. That part will probably take some time.

I am proud of myself. But, in a way, I am more surprised. Amazed that I did it. When I started this, I don't think I had a true goal in mind....I don't think I wanted to hope for too much to be honest. And really, I didn't think I was "fat" (but I probably was), just out of shape and a little "thicker" than I liked. I really didn't know what I was capable of, but I know I didn't think I was capable of much (in terms of working out). And so, as I often do, I underestimated myself, hoped for a few pounds. Instead, over several months (8 of them), I got a transformation, and the journey of a lifetime. My figure has changed, but I have too. I am stronger, more confident, I feel like ME again, in fact I feel like Super Me some days. I feel like there is nothing I can't do. A new chapter is about to begin in the journey. Maintenance. I am not sure how to do that. But, I will figure it out. I am pretty sure it will involve lots of sweat and just a little ice cream.

Looking back, I feel so indebted to my boot camp. They challenged me. They pushed me when I would not push myself. They made me do more than I dreamed I could do. They took me from typical middle age suburban mom and molded me into something far greater, dare I say, an athlete? More than my body, they transformed my mind, and helped me re-learn what it is to give something my all and to push yourself beyond your limits; to do just one more, because the next time you will be able to do two. I regained my competitive spirit and stopped making excuses.

It has been hard, but at the same time, it has been easy. Mostly, I cannot figure out......what took me so long to arrive at this place. Not the place I am in today, but the place I was in last February when I took that first step. And where I was in April, when I got more serious about losing weight, and where I was this fall when I contacted a nutritionist to make sure I was getting it right. What took me so long to care for myself? Being busy caring for everyone else I guess, but really, a poor excuse when you think about it.

This past weekend, I jumped on a trampoline with my kids. I did not get tired. At all. Not even a little winded. That feels better than any cupcake will ever taste. And, after some goading by the kids, I did a flip (and landed on my feet). It felt like suspended animation. It felt AMAZING. It felt like joy. I will remember it forever.



Comments

  1. Inspiring! I am so proud of you in this post. It is just what I needed. I am starting boot camp again on Monday. Everything you described here is what I am hoping to accomplish. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am so thankful that I walked in the door of that place. It is slow, it is sometimes painful but keep the faith, and keep doing just more, and hang on for those last 10 seconds and you will see change!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude

How to Treat a Widow

New Normal 2.0